Customer Engagement Engineer
Apprente is using state of the art Machine Learning technology to completely transform customer service interactions through conversational AI agents. With our agents, customers can interact with information systems in the most natural way possible - through using their own voice speaking naturally in the same way they would interact with a human. Companies from various industries are exploring new ways of building products and services that leverage Apprente’s patented technology and unique approach to solving this problem.
As an experienced Customer Engagement Engineer, you will be working closely with Apprente's customers and partners to help them integrate and test our AI agents. This includes working at customers’ sites of some of the top Fortune 500 companies on behalf of Apprente. You will be the frontline of Apprente’s technical team, in charge of understanding customer issues, suggesting solutions and delivering all on-site technical support.
You will need to develop a deep understanding of Apprente’s technology and product. The role will include product positioning and acting as a technical consultant to our key customers through performance evaluation, integration of our technology into their designs and support through production deployment.
This position is located in Chicago, IL (our headquarters is located in Mountain View, CA) and requires keen technical know-how, as well as superb people and communications skills.
Flexibility in accommodating either a full-time employment or contractor engagement. Initial training will be provided at Apprente’s headquarters in Mountain View, CA.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide installation, hardware, and software service support
- Understand customer’s challenges and ensure our solutions meet performance requirements
- Manage installation and integration at multiple customers’ sites
- Provide first line of support to both technical and non-technical customer employees
- Be the liaison between the customer and Apprente’s technical team
US CITIZENS AND PERMANENT RESIDENTS ONLY, PLEASE
We are unable to sponsor visas for this position
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
- 5+ years of experience with Python and Bash
- Excellent communication & presentations skills and comfortable in a customer-facing environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills, willingness to delve into details and collaborate with others
- Experience with Linux and scripting languages
- Experience with AI / Machine Learning technologies highly desired
- Experience with Amazon S3 storage architectures
- Excellent people and communications skills
- Willing to travel - up to 50%
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Engineering
Health, vision and dental insurance