Continuous Integration / Infrastructure / Release Engineer
Apprente is seeking engineers to work on stabilizing and accelerating the development process for our cutting-edge voice based conversational AI systems on-premise (Mountain View, CA).
The core responsibilities of the job focus on accelerating the pace of stable and predictable development at Apprente.
- Keep the Tree “Green” / Keep All Tests Passing
Candidate would be an owner of the tree; the totality of code in the repo; and would be involved in ongoing initiatives to keep all tests passing, and address core design and stability issues across the stack.
- Develop and Maintain Continuous Integration Suites in Python and Java
Candidate would be one of the owners of the continuous integration and unit testing frameworks, environment and tooling around them.
- Develop and Maintain Engineer Facing Build, Test, Profile, and Release Tooling
Candidate would be an owner of the tools used by engineers for incremental build, test, profiling, and release engineering.
- Develop, Deploy, Automate, and Migrate Best Coding Practices
Candidate will be an owner in the continuous process of maintaining the cannon of “Best Practices” at Apprente; the policy judgements made around code style, documentation conventions, calling patterns, and library use; decimating and educating the choices to the engineering teams, and where possible automating enforcement and migrating existing code to be in compliance.
- Develop and Maintain the Engineering Environment Tooling
Candidate will be an owner of defining and maintaining the environment defined by a “correct” checkout of the dev environment; and the tooling to automate that; as well as the “correct” integration with various IDEs and profiling tooling. Candidate will be an owner of providing technical support and training to engineers on the use of the development environment.
- Develop and Maintain the AWS VPC / VPN Environment
Candidate will be an owner of the virtual-private-cloud the company uses to run continuous integration tooling and deployment; as well as to make on-premise development boxes available over VPN.
PLEASE, US CITIZENS AND PERMANENT RESIDENTS ONLY
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux environments; expert understanding of linux processes
- 3+ years of professional experience in Bash Shell Scripting
- 3+ years of professional experience in Python
Desired Skill Sets (More is Better):
- AWS VPC/VPN, S3, RDMS, Batch, etc (all AWS experience; the more the better)
- Gradle build system
- JetBrains TeamCity
- Java, Hibernate, Jackson, SQL
- C++ / Python FFI Development
Company paid lunches
Health, vision and dental insurance
Reimbursement for commute