Python Application Systems Engineer
Apprente is seeking engineers to work on stabilizing and accelerating the development of our core applications for our cutting-edge voice based conversational AI systems on-premise (Mountain View, CA).
The core responsibilities of the job focus on accelerating the pace of stable and predictable development at Apprente.
- Develop and Maintain Core Application Frameworks
Candidate will be an owner of the core AI applications and related tooling, focusing on the systems integration, configuration, lifecycle, and event loops.
- Continuous Incremental Refactoring of Core Applications to Reduce Execution Risk
Candidate will be an owner of continuous incremental refactoring of core applications, firming up class hierarchies and business logic to be modular, testable, and robust to accelerating change.
- Keep the Tree “Green” / Keep All Tests Passing
Candidate will be an owner of the tree; the totality of code in the repo; and will be involved in ongoing initiatives to keep all tests passing, and address core design and stability issues across the stack.
- Develop, Deploy, Automate, and Migrate Best Coding Practices
Candidate will be an owner in the continuous process of maintaining the cannon of “Best Practices” at Apprente; the policy judgements made around code style, documentation conventions, calling patterns, and library use; disseminating and educating the choices to the engineering teams, and where possible automating enforcement and migrating existing code to be in compliance.
PLEASE, US CITIZENS AND PERMANENT RESIDENTS ONLY
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux environments; expert understanding of linux processes.
- 3+ years of professional experience in Bash Shell Scripting
- 3+ years of professional experience in Python
Desired Skill Sets (More is Better):
- Experience with RPC development.
- C++ / Python FFI Development.
Company paid lunches
Health, vision and dental insurance
Reimbursement for commute